Here is a list of 10 museums which you can visit in Portugal 100% for free.
Click on each link to visit each museum's website.
- Museu da Filigrana located in Largo de São Carlos, in Lisbon, presents an ancestral art of Filigrana manufacturing in Portugal. It is the first museum space in the country exclusively dedicated to Filigrana.
- Museu da Saúde located in Alameda de Santo António dos Capuchos, in Lisbon at the old Neurosurgery Service of the Hospital de Santo António dos Capuchos with the exhibition "800 Years of Health in Portugal" that shows about 400 pieces from various partner institutions, from the Portuguese Red Cross to the Museum of Natural History and Science.
- Museu do Dinheiro The museum is dedicated to money, but does not ask you for a cent to enter. It started out as the Church of São Julião (at the end of the 18th century) and then the safe and parking lot of Banco de Portugal.
- Museu Nacional do Desporto inaugurated in 2012, on the centenary of the first Portuguese participation in the Olympic Games, this museum reviews the history of Portuguese sport. The library, in turn, has a record of around 60,000 items, including monographs and historical publications.
- Núcleo Arqueológico da Casa dos Bicos here you will find a part of the old Roman wall of Lisbon, as well as pieces that were collected during archaeological interventions, with emphasis on objects used in the daily life of Casa dos Bicos before the 1755 earthquake.
- Núcleo Museológico do Posto de Comando do MFA Created in 2001 by the Municipality of Odivelas, this nucleus is installed in a prefabricated pavilion from which the MFA program was released and fully reproduces the Operations Room with the help of equipment such as radios, telephones and transmitters, weapons, ammunition or maps.
- Núcleo Museológico Luís Serra located in Bucelas, The collection you find here was collected over three decades by the Folklore and Ethnography Ranch “Os Ceifeiros da Bemposta” (Luís Serra was one of its founders) and the result is costumes, tools and agricultural transport, tools, crockery, utensils, kitchen or furniture and life-size figures.
- Espaço Memória - Tipografia Popular do Seixal It is an extension of the Seixal Municipal Ecomuseum and a tribute to the Old Popular Typography A. Palaio, Lda., Founded in 1955 by the master António Palaio. In this space you can get to know the old techniques of traditional typography workshops up close, with the help of machines like Minerva, nowadays practically banned from graphic arts.
- Espaço Memória dos Exílios Portugal did not participate in World War II, but Cascais and Estoril were the land of exile of kings and aristocrats and a zone for the crossing of spies. These years are documented in photographs and documents, in a permanent exhibition on the second floor of the Estoril Post Office
- Espaço Memória Teatro Experimental de Cascais Portugal did not participate in World War II, but Cascais and Estoril were the land of exile of kings and aristocrats and a zone for the crossing of spies. These years are documented in photographs and documents, in a permanent exhibition on the second floor of the Estoril Post Office