The Council of Ministers held an extraordinary meeting this yesterday, January 18th, to reinforce measures in order to combat the pandemic. Thus, in addition to the measures already in place, the Government decided to enforce the following:
- Circulation between municipalities is prohibited on weekends;
- The presentation of a declaration given by the employer is required for those traveling on public roads for work reasons;
- Service companies with more than 250 workers must communicate to ACT (Working Conditions Authority) within the next 48 hours the nominal list of all on-the-job workers considered indispensable;
- Store opening hours will be limited until 8:00 pm on weekdays and until 1:00 pm on weekends. Food retail regulations can only operate until 5 pm on weekends;
- In the case of cafes and restaurants, it is not allowed to sell coffee or light meals at the door, establishments may only sell packaged and drink-free products for take-away and not in store consumption;
- Restaurants in shopping centres will also be closed, even on a take-away basis.
- Gatherings and meal consumption in the establishment’s surroundings is prohibited in restaurants and coffee shops;
- Shut down of all sports establishments, including outdoor tennis and paddle courts;
- Day centres, senior universities and social spaces are closed;
- It is prohibited to remain in public spaces such as parks and public leisure spaces;
- Promotional campaigns that promote the circulation of people is prohibited;
- Operation of ATL centres will only be allowed for children up to 12 years old;
Along with these measures, the Government has also determined:
- The increase of inspection carried out by the security forces, especially in school surroundings, as well as by the ACT;
- Speeding up the vaccination in residential structures for the elderly in order to complete the first dose by the end of January;
Should you need help in scheduling a test or should you need any help, have any questions or doubts, please do know that you can count on our support.
Kleya’s team will be respecting the norms communicated, however, our team will continue to render all our services, without any disruption. You will continue to have full support through Kleya’s Life Made Easier Service and through our online digital platform via Kleya’s Membership where you have access to numerous services and useful information, from the comfort of your home.